Thursday, May 5, 2011

I never thought I'd say this...

I am going to run a marathon.

No, really.  Stop laughing.  I am going to run a marathon.

I'm not sure exactly when it's going to be.  There are two that I'm eyeing right now - one in November, and one in January.  I can't decide if I want to run my first full in November, or just run the half as a tune up race and save my first full for January. 

Both plans have their appeal.  November would mean that I would get to say I ran my first marathon in 2011, instead of 2012.  You know, a whole year earlier, lol!  But if I wait until January, I could run my first full on the anniversary of and on the same course that I ran my first half.  Plus, I could still say I ran my first marathon within 2 years of starting running at all.

Oh, the decisions - oh, the drama!  It's enough to give me the vapors...

Really, it's going to come down to how well my training goes this summer.  I'm following the Galloway method, and even bought a copy of his book, Marathon: You Can Do It! Inspirational, no?  Anyhow, I'm going to follow his plan to the letter, instead of trying to hybridize it with my own plan.  Not like I did last year for my half.  And this year, I'm not going to get injured ONE MONTH before my damn race (unlike last year). 

Did you know it can take MONTHS to fully get over a simple hip flexor strain?  Yeah, me neither.

So anyhow, right now, I have running on the brain.  Because, much like getting over an injury, it takes months to train for a marathon. 

Did I mention I'm going to run a marathon?

I'll shut up now...

No comments: