Monday, July 11, 2011

Lost: Mojo (1)

I have no motivation. 

Is it the summer blahs?  The idonwannas? Jupiter aligning with Mars?

I don't know.  But I just can't seem to get anything done

Articles sit in my head, waiting to be channeled through my fingertips onto the computer screen.  Coursework goes undone.  Laundry sits in the hamper, and the cat hasn't been brushed in I don't know how long.

It's bad.

Today I tried moving my work station to a new spot.  Jimmy Buffet is a proponent of a change in latitude leading to a change in attitude, or something like that.  So I thought I'd give it a try.

I also made a list, which got partially completed.  But at least I have a record of what I want to accomplish right there in front of me.

And finally, I opened my productivity log, which I haven't looked at since mumble mumble.

Did any of this help?  Maybe.  A little.  I think so.  It's a step back in the right direction.  And a step, however little, is better than nothing.

If anyone has any suggestions for motivation, please leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear them!

No comments: