Monday, August 22, 2011

Motivation

It's amazing what you can get done if you have to.

Today I'm battling some sort of bug I picked up over the weekend.  The main symptom is an overwhelming dizziness that makes being vertical rather difficult.  I'm trying to take it easy and drink lots of ginger tea, and trust that it will pass quickly.

But in the meantime, Hurricane Irene has decided she wants to pay a visit to southern Florida in a few days.  Wait...I haven't cleaned yet!

I actually did a bunch of hurricane prep yesterday when the storm first got organized, so I was already ahead of the curve.  Today, I pulled it together with sheer willpower (and ginger tea) and got to the store to pick up the last few essential supplies.  Now I just have to freeze as much ice as possible and twiddle my thumbs until it's time to shutter the windows.  Luckily, hurricanes usually give several days' notice, and if Irene does show up, she won't be here until the end of the week.

And with a little luck, she'll decide to take a cruise out into the middle of the Atlantic before then, and just spin herself out of existence.  I can hope...

No comments: