Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ever so slowly

The half marathon that I'm planning to run in November is raising its price at the end of this month.  If I want to take advantage of the discount, I have to register in the next week.

I think I'm going to do it!

My hamstring is still an issue, but the gentle exercise I've been doing the last week hasn't hurt it.  In fact, I think my hammie has gotten stronger.  And I don't think I'm just imagining it...

I've been really careful not to push too hard, and when I have (like when sprinting across a busy road in between cars), it has reminded me to slow down.  For the most part, I've been really good about listening.  Each time I work out, I feel the tightness in the muscle, and some residual soreness the rest of the day, but the following day it feels stronger.

Maybe it's finally healing?

To recap what I did after I strained my hamstring: First, I tried tough love.  Then I babied it.  When neither of those did anything, I resorted to fooling it by walking a lot (which doesn't hurt), and mixing in small amounts of jogging (which does hurt a little).  I guess fooling it did the trick.

Whatever.  I'm just glad to be running again!

No comments: