Thursday, July 14, 2011

Going nowhere...for now

Today is supposed to be a post about running, or fitness, or something like that.

But I just don't want to do it.

I managed to restrain my already sore hamstring on Saturday.  I'm not sure what happened, but it may have something to do with the fact that I never really gave it a chance to heal.  Maybe. Possibly.

So this time my hubby sat me down and ordered advised me to just completely rest it for a couple of weeks.  I whined about it discussed it with him and came to the conclusion that he was right.  I need to heal this thing up, and the light activity I was doing was just too much.

That means for now, no running.  No walking.  No elliptical machine.  I'm even trying to not walk on it as much around the house.

This stinks.  But I want to run again, and soon, so I'm going to do it.  Most importantly, I need to run again so I can pick up my marathon training again.  And if I don't start up again in the next few weeks, a 2011 race is out of the question.

And that is NOT an option.

In the meantime, I've started the 100 Pushup Training Program.  I don't like it.  Why?  Well, to begin with, it involves pushups.  And I have weenie arms.  I think you can put together on your own why I am less than enthused...

But I'm doing it.  And I'm going to do 100 pushups. Eventually.  I just finished Day 2 of Week 1, so I have a ways to go. 

At least it's something to keep my mind occupied...

Okay, enough of that, time for a positive attitude!  Yay, pushups!

No comments: