Monday, June 20, 2011

The new schedule

In May, when I participated in the Word Count Blogathon, I wrote articles for Simply Nooner every day. I thought it would end up being a chore, but it wasn't. It was actually pretty fun. So I'm going to keep it up.

Starting this week, I'll be publishing articles three days a week on Simply Nooner. Mondays will be about writing or other creative endeavors; Wednesdays will showcase running or fitness topics, and Fridays will be about gluten-free life.  If you'd like to see more gluten-free articles, feel free to hop on over to Li Loves David, where there will be new articles published every Tuesday and Thursday.

Today, I've been thinking about knitting.  I know I haven't mentioned it much, but I'm a knitter.  A chick with sticks.  I knit so I don't kill people...ooops, did I say that out loud?  Anyhow, I really enjoy knitting.  And I haven't picked up a pair of needles in six months.

Wait, what?  Has it really been that long?

Yes, it has.  And I know why. 

We adopted two rambunctious kittens about nine months ago.  They were adorable, and into everything.  So I put away the needles and the yarn until they calmed down.  Because you know how cats are with yarn.  And then something happened....

They didn't calm down. 

What?

Sigh.  They are still rambunctious.  And older.  And bigger.  And smarter.  And better able to get into things.

So I guess I just need to watch my yarn like a hawk, and make sure it's safely locked away when I'm not actually knitting.  And maybe stay away from wool for a while.

Time to look at patterns...

No comments: