Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book reports

I'm still way behind in my efforts to read 50 books in 2011, but I have managed to squeeze in a few more.


Star Island, by Carl Hiaason. Another fun romp through the seedy world of southern Florida.







Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen. The only Austen I hadn't read. And I had to. Because. One must read all Austen novels, or one isn't complete. It is a truth universally acknowledged.







Lady Susan, by Jane Austen. Okay, I hadn't read this one either, but it's more of a short story than a novel. An entertaining read, by the way.






The Jane Austen Book Club, by Karen Joy Fowler. Now you know why I was catching up on Austen! I've wanted to read this book ever since I watched the delightful movie based upon it. The book was also delightful.




And that brings me up to a total of 28 for the year, with 22 left to go.  I need to take a week or two and just read...

No comments: