Monday, April 19, 2010

Monthly Writing Goals - April 2010

Okay, I'm writing this down and posting it in public, in the hopes that peer pressure (positive or otherwise) will force me into following through.

My writing goals for April 2010:

1. Edit my novel, at least 7 hours a week.
2. Write at least one post per week, per blog.

The blogs are coming easier than the novel. Gee, what a surprise! I'm finding it hard to be creative and focused at the end of the day. I've tried writing in the morning before work, but that's even worse. I don't really have any creative juices until, oh, 10am or so.

So I've rearranged my schedule started working out before work. That sucks. I'm not a morning person. At. All. But the benefit, besides actually making it to the gym instead of talking myself out of it while at work, is that I'm usually not thinking clearly enough in the morning to mind exercising. By the time I realize what's going on, and how much I dislike it, I'm already at the gym. And it's too late to go back to bed at that point.

That leaves the evening for writing. We'll see how it works out. I really want to work on the novel. My main characters keep whispering to me, telling me bits and pieces of their story. It's time I listened to them.

No comments: